Monday, July 5, 2010

Contributer: Kyle Hamilton
Arrived at PDX at 4 am. Boarded plane at 6:45 am. Departed for San Francisco at 7:08 am. Arrived at San Fran at  8:36 am. Sat and enjoyed the 5 hour layover. Boarded plane at 1:40 pm. Departed for Seoul at 2:00 pm. Watched the movies: Bee movie, Bolt, Date Night, and Green Zone. How did I have so much time to watch so many movies? Well thanks to the 12 hour flight from San Francisco to Seoul, I had enough time to watch 4 movies and run a half marathon. Arrived at Seoul at 18:20 pm (6:20 pm) on July 5th (although in Vancouver it is still July 4th). The first day of flying I saw nothing but daylight. It was almost as if our plane was chasing the sun. Also, I have never EVER been more confused about what day it is and what time it is. Boarded plane at 19:15 pm (7:15 pm). Departed for Singapore at 7:30 pm (19:30 pm). Arrived at Singapore at 12:42 am (now july 6th). It is now 3:51 am and so far the trip is going very well. So far I am tired, I am sticky, I am antsy, I am (trying not to be) irritable, I am anxious, and I threw up A TON( Mom, Dad, and Madison: I am okay)! I keep telling myself that I have a lot to be complaining about, but God keeps reminding me that I have even more to be thankful for. My God is a good God. He has blessed me with a team that is encouraging and considerate, a family that loves and supports me, friends that care about and pray for me. My God is a good God.

Matthew 17:20 "He replied, " Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, Great to hear from you. Sorry about being sick. So thankful that even in that you are looking to the Lord. Keep on that path. It never gets better than being His follower -- whether in Vancouver or Indonesia. We are on the same bus. He's the driver. So proud to be there with you.
    --Dad

    ReplyDelete